Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Pillar of the Truth

"Although I hope to come to you soon, 
I am writing you these instructions so that, if I am delayed, 
you will know how people ought to conduct themselves
 in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, 
the pillar and foundation of the truth."
 (1 Timothy 3:14-15)


David preached from this passage on Sunday and I was so struck by the description of the Church (body of believers) as the pillar of truth. I believe our culture is suffering because the Church has compromised the truth of God and is looking more like the world in the name of love and tolerance. Straying from the Truth of God's Word is never loving and since when is tolerance of all things a virtue? A society is held up when the pillars of the Church are strong. When those begin to crumble so will a society. 


I was so encouraged by the work of Franklin Graham as he held prayer meetings all over our country. And I'm excited by the plans for revival meetings this year. I'm praying that our country finds favor with God, but that will only happen when members of our churches become pillars of the truth. Rev. Graham is a pillar of truth, always ready to share the Gospel message, always ready to stand up for what God's Word has said on any matter. I want to be this kind of pillar for the truth.




When we studied this passage in church on Sunday, I immediately pictured what I wanted to art-journal in my Bible. The pillar is hand-drawn and the word TRUTH is from a Sweet 'n Sassy alphabet stamp...my favorite one so far--Rebecca Script Alpha. I love the way the letters hook together so well. I used PrismaColor Pencils for all the color on the pages and Washi tape for accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.