Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Rise and Shine!

I've missed Bible art-journaling for several days in a row and really needed the therapy and time in God's Word.  I wanted to use a new set I received from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps as a Creative Worship design team member.  So I've posted two of my projects today. 

The light of the righteous shines brightly,
    but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
Proverbs 13:9

Have you met people who exuded the joy of Jesus in their heart that there countenance glowed?  I have and I really want to be that kind of person.  I want to wake up each morning with a fresh look on my life, my purpose and all my blessings.  I want to be so in love with Jesus that it is contagious.  


The new set in Sweet 'n Sassy stamps is perfect for bringing on a "rise and shine" attitude in life.  I'm a coffee lover anyway, so I knew this set would be mine the minute I put eyes on it.  And I love it.  It has the most fun sayings and two adorable cups with accessories.  I decided to paper piece my cup and the band.   


I doodled a sun and used both sponging and Distress crayons to color the son and the rays.  If we walk in the righteousness of Christ, we cannot hide that light under the cover of indifference.  We have to let the light out and share Christ with everyone we know.  


Here's a close up of the paper pieced cup.  Fun, fun.  I love paper piecing.  See that fun chunky glitter?  That came in the mail from a lady who is in a "happy mail" facebook group with me.  I was working on this project when hubby brought the mail to me.  She also sent the washi tape at the bottom of the page.  Perfect colors for the project.  The two images from above are from the set, Fill Me Up.  The rest is hand-lettered and hand-doodling. 


I wanted to make my page as bright and happy as I feel in my heart. I love my Jesus and I love talking about Him.  He has done so much to prove His love again and again.  How could I not share that? Him?  Hope this brought a smile to your heart too and that you will think of someone's life who needs a little light.  Go share Jesus with them!

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-fill-me-up-clear-stamp-set/
 Fill Me Up by talented Rebecca Rios


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.