Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

As For Me and My Household

When I journal and create in my Bible, I do it as an expression of time spent with God. The designs emanate from worship. I think often about the legacy of faith I want to leave my children and grandchildren. My Dad left such a powerful one for us, and I want people to say of me too that my faith endured to the end and that praise for Jesus rested on my dying lips.


 When I think of a legacy of faith, I definitely think of Joshua's farewell address to the Israelite leaders in Joshua 23 and 24. I relate so well to his intense desire to make sure those who would come after him really got it...that they not only understood the imperative for remaining faithful to God, but that they desired God as much as he did. I love the story of Joshua's life. One of the most well known verses is Joshua 24:15, "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” It's a choice we all make whether consciously or not. Because God has presented the choice in His Word, we are accountable for the choice whether or not we are people of faith.



As for me and my family...we will serve the Lord. My family is blessed with a legacy of faith. My immediate and extended family claim Christ as Savior and Lord of their lives. I'm the wife, daughter, sister, mother and daughter-in-law to men who have committed their lives and service to the Gospel. What a powerful legacy that is. I'm thrilled that my grandsons have that behind them to shape what lies before them. I pray that my sons will always faithfully love and serve God. It is their calling...I pray it will be their highest joy always.




My pages were done entirely with Prismacolor pencils. I LOVE those things. They are creamy and rich, vibrant in color and add a soft luster to the page. The stamped "serve your God" comes from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set, Worship the Lord. I doodled the frame around it. The house and tree are from Market Street Stamps, now closed. The rest is hand-lettered and hand drawn.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful spread and message, Diane! I just love the scene you created with your Prismacolor pencils--it's wonderful! And I always love reading about you and your family, faith and legacy. It's very heartwarming and encouraging to know that there are people out there in the world who do live generation after generation for The Lord first. I love seeing how lives lived for God differ so of those like myself, who didn't have the strong foundation of faith as you did. How glorifying God and bringing up the next generation in the same manner changes everything. Because God is so amazing and never forsakes His children, I am learning how He loves me just the same, despite my worldly upbringing, and that is the best news of all. He does this for all His children, no matter if their parents did it right or not. What a gift! And it's a gift to know you too, my precious friend. Thank you for always sharing yourself and your heart wholly. It's a real blessing that I'm so grateful for and I learn from you. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.